radKIDS® a program designed for kids first grade through fifth grade that provides educational tools and resources that enhances the ability of children, parents, and families to utilize knowledge, skills, and power to protect themselves from violence and harm.
Endorsed by the National Sheriffs’ Association, the radKIDS® educational model is recognized as the national leader in safety education and violence prevention for children in the areas of Abduction, Bullying Prevention, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse.
The radKIDS® Personal Empowerment Safety Education Program is the most effective program available today for the children in your community. radKIDS® will change children’s thinking and behavior to help keep them safer. radKIDS® replaces the fear, confusion and panic of dangerous situations with confidence, personal boundaries and personal safety skills all founded and secured within the child’s self-value and self-worth. A radKIDS® mindset after the program is, “How dare you hurt me!” instead of “Help Me, Help Me”
- builds a child’s self-esteem while helping them establish their own personal boundaries
- enhances a child’s ability to avoid victimization (Bullying, Abuse, Abduction)
- encourages communication between parents and children about personal safety
- reduces the feelings of guilt and blame that often are associated with victimization
- promotes disclosure of abuse and victimization
- enhances and coordinate community response creating culture change
- reinforces adult supervision and protection through child centered approach
- radKIDS® program is divided into two groups, ages 5 to 7 and 8 to 12