Southwick Police Department
20th Citizen Police Academy
I am proud to announce that will be conducting out twenty-second (22th) Southwick Police Department Citizens’ Police Academy starting on Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
The Citizens’ Police Academy is an eight (8) week program designed to show Southwick residents, first-hand information on how their Police Department works. The classes will be held once a week on Tuesday and will meet in the Training Room at the Southwick Fire Department.
The Academy is available to any Southwick resident eighteen (18) years old or older. Anyone who works in Southwick can also apply. At the present time, there are some openings available for this class so if you are interested you should call Sergeant Kirk Sanders at 569-5348 extension 624 to obtain an application.
The training syllabus consists of the following classes:
- Tour of the Police Department
- Emergency Dispatch Center
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Criminal Law and Procedures
- Controlled Substance Identifications and Investigations
- K-9 Demonstration
- Role of the Court System
- Dive and Rescue Team Program
- Use of Force
- Role of our Resource Officer and Safety Officer
- Operating under the Influence of Alcohol Investigations
- You are the Police Officer scenarios
- A ride-a-long with an Officer
At the end of eight weeks there is a graduation ceremony.
Chief Dave Ricardi